Genre Bookmark Lesson Plan- Exploring Genre
This is a full lesson plan with handouts about literary genre. It has completed handouts of what the students will fill in on their worksheet along with website resources to supplement the main activity of the genre bookmarks. The lesson plan is half way down the page. It comes with completed instructions about what to do. There are also links to websites, but some do not work. The best link is titled u201cGenre Studyu201d at the Glencoe website. There is enough here for a teacher to put their own spin on it.
- GLE 0701.8.2
- Understand the characteristics of various literary genres (e.g., poetry, novel, biography, short story, essay, drama).
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- Given a list of details, select the detail which shows that the selection in an example of Genre X.
- Given a list of possible genres, select the correct genre for the selection.
- The selection is best described as which type of work?
- Given a list of characteristics of one or more genres, which is a characteristic of the genre demonstrated by the selection?
In the seperate topics, a material list provided.