Geometric Solids and Their Properties: Construct a Solid
This is Lesson 4 of a 5 lesson series. This lesson is a hands-on and computer interactive lesson. The "Geometric Solids Tool" leads students in the construction of polyhedra as the students make a table describing how they constructed the shapes. The students use technology and a hands-on activity to develop understanding of specialized vocabulary and visualization of geometric solids.
- CLE 3108.1.4
- Move flexibly between multiple representations (contextual, physical written, verbal, iconic/pictorial, graphical, tabular, and symbolic), to solve problems, to...
- CLE 3108.1.7
- Use technologies appropriately to develop understanding of abstract mathematical ideas, to facilitate problem solving, and to produce accurate and reliable models.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- Analyze characteristics and properties of three dimensional geometric shapes.
- Construct physical models of geometric solids.
- Move on to the last lesson, Making A Shape Jacket.
- Geometric Solids Tool
- Construction tools, such as coffee stirrers, twist ties, straws, pipe cleaners, toothpicks, gumdrops, etc.