- By the end of the year, read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at...
- By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, in the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently,...
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- GLE 0701.5.2
- Analyze text for fact-opinion, cause-effect, inferences, evidence, and
- GLE 0701.8.1
- Read and comprehend a variety of works from various forms of literature.
- GLE 0701.8.2
- Understand the characteristics of various literary genres (e.g., poetry, novel, biography, short story, essay, drama).
- GLE 0701.8.5
- Identify and analyze common literary terms (e.g., personification, conflict,
- SPI 0701.4.5
- Discern irrelevant research material from written text.
- Read and comprehend a variety of literary nonfiction throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding...
- Read and comprehend a variety of literature throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding at the...
- Support interpretations, analyses, reflections, or research with evidence found in literature or informational texts, applying grade 7 standards for...
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.