Introductory personal pronoun activity. This activity uses popular Beatles songs to introduce personal pronouns to students in a fun, brain engaging way and includes music across the curriculum. Also ties to social studies historical era of the 1960-2019s.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, using formal English when appropriate to task and situation. (See grade 5 Language standards 1...
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- GLE 0501.1.1
- Demonstrate knowledge of Standard English usage, mechanics, and spelling.
- GLE 0501.3.2
- Write in various modes and genres, including narration, literary response, personal expression, description, and imaginative.
- SPI 0501.1.2
- Identify the correct use of verbs (i.e., action/linking, regular/irregular, agreement, tenses) within context.
- SPI 0501.3.10
- Select appropriate time-order or transitional words/phrases to enhance the flow of a writing sample.
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when speaking and conventions of standard English grammar and usage, including...
- Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills when encoding words; write legibly.
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, using formal English when appropriate to task and situation.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using an effective technique, such as descriptive details and clear event sequences.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.