Last Updated: April 26, 2018
Thank you for visiting the eduTOOLBOX® website, which is located at http://www.edutoolbox.org (the “Site”). This Site is provided by The Ayers Institute for Teacher Learning & Innovation at Lipscomb University and provides educational resources and professional learning resources for use in educational settings such as schools, libraries, or home-based learning, or self-guided study.
Collection of Information
Access to Visitor's Own Information
Use of Information
Disclosure of Information
Protection of Information
External Links and Third-Party Content
We may ask visitors to the Site to provide some or all of the following types of information when they register for certain services on the Site, access various content or features, submit community postings (e.g., comments, reviews), or directly contact us with feedback or suggestions:
- Contact information, such as name and e-mail address;
- User name and password;
- Date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as job information and geographic location;
- Information for a public profile, such as display name and organization name;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Photos, audio files, or videos;
- Information posted in comments and other interactive online features; and
- Correspondence you send to us.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Site;
- Web pages you view and links you click on within the Site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard server log information.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be viewed, collected, or used by other users of these areas, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums and public areas.
We respect the right of Site visitors to access their own information.
- A visitor who is a registered user of the Site may view the personal information this Site has filed for him or her by accessing the User Profile page for their online account. In addition, a visitor may submit a written request for a copy of this information. Written requests can be submitted by postal mail or by electronic mail using the contact information provided below under Contact Us.
- A visitor who is a registered user of the Site may update the personal information this Site has filed for him or her by accessing the User Profile page for their online account. In addition, a visitor may submit a written request for edits to this information. Written requests can be submitted by postal mail or by electronic mail using the contact information provided below under Contact Us.
- A visitor who is a registered user of the Site may request the erasure of personal information this Site has filed for him or her. Erasure of personal information will include deletion of the user account for the Site. Submit a written request for the erasure of personal information by postal mail or by electronic mail using the contact information provided below under Contact Us.
- Any written request to view, update, or erase personal information must include the following information:
- Identification of this Site by name as eduTOOLBOX®.
- Identification of your user account by either ‘user name’ or the account e-mail address.
- Evidence that verifies your identity as the Site user or a party authorized to act on behalf of the Site user (e.g. a copy of a government issued ID).
- A statement that explains the requested action (view, update, or erase) and provides any specific details about the request (e.g. what information to update).
- A statement that the information in the request is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the requesting party is authorized to act on behalf of the Site user.
- A physical or electronic signature of the Site user or a party authorized to act on behalf of the Site user.
We generally use the information that we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information;
- Enable you to participate in features such as comment boxes and forums;
- Engage in internal, promotional, and fundraising activities, including by direct mail, e-mail, and other forms of communication;
- To send you e-mail alerts from The Ayers Institute and Lipscomb. From time to time, we may provide you with information and offers about other educational products and services offered by us and our content producers. If you choose not to receive these messages in the future, you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each e-mail. Please understand that if you choose to not receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, and communications with us.
- Analyze the use of the Site and information about visitors to our Site to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Site, and which websites they have come from;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a Site, including to direct users to Site resources specific to a grade band and content area and to relevant state curriculum standards;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
We may share information that is collected from you in the following circumstances:
- Authorized third-party service providers. In certain cases, we contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf. We may share your information with these companies that provide services to us, including companies that assist with business analytics, data processing, account management, and other services. These service providers may maintain customer databases with e-mail addresses of Site visitors who have provided them to us by registering at our Site or signing up for e-mail alerts. We (along with our service providers) will use these addresses to respond to the general purposes for which we collected the information, to provide services, and to operate the Site, including to respond to inquiries and for e-mail distribution, list processing and analysis, and promotions management. Our service providers have access to your information as necessary to provide certain services on our behalf. They are required to maintain the privacy of all such information in their possession or control, and can only use the information on our behalf for the purpose that we have contracted them, for example sending you a newsletter. They are not authorized to use your information for any other purpose. We will not share your e-mail address with any other unaffiliated organization unless otherwise described below.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of the Site, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With your consent. We otherwise may share your information with your consent.
- We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services that we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymized or aggregated information will not include information that could be used to individually identify you.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
We are dedicated to handling any information obtained from children with care and respect.
The Site is not intended to be used by minors. Persons under the age of 13 are prohibited from creating user accounts on the Site and therefore will not have personal information collected by the Site. Any account discovered to belong to a person under the age of 13 will be deleted from the Site.
If you have any questions about how we handle children’s personally identifiable information, please contact us at email@example.com. In addition, our contact information is provided below under Contact Us.
We also may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and similar technologies, to track your use of the Site. Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an e-mail. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. We use these technologies to improve your experience on the Site, including to provide you with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read e-mail messages and click on links contained within those messages so that we can deliver relevant content and offers.
ATTN: The Ayers Institute
One University Park Drive; Nashville, TN 37204-3951
Tel: (615) 966-1031