Cloud Mat Math
The cloud math mat is shown as a sample. Others are available. THe page is to be printed and laminated if to be reused. Children are then to roll the die and identify the number rolled. Then have them put the corresponding number of cotton balls on the the circles to make clouds. The one who fills their page first is the winner. This website provides different mats for counting activities.
- Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of the text, analyzing each medium's portrayal of the subject (e.g., how...
- Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two)...
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (Grade-specific...
- With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a...
- GLE 0006.2.2
- Create, represent and recognize a set with a given number of objects.
- GLE 0006.2.5
- Model the numbers 1 through 10 as sums or differences of different sets of whole numbers (composing and decomposing numbers).
- GLE 0701.3.4
- Refine strategies for editing and revising written work.
- GLE 0701.4.4
- Write a research paper, using primary and secondary sources and technology and graphics, as appropriate.
- SPI 0701.3.1
- Identify the purpose for writing (i.e., to inform, to describe, to explain, to persuade, to entertain).
- SPI 0701.3.13
- Select the most appropriate format for writing a specific work-related text (i.e., instructions, directions, letters, memos, e-mails, reports).
- SPI 0701.3.2
- Identify the audience for which a text is written.
- SPI 0701.7.5
- Choose the statement that best summarizes/communicates the message presented by a medium.
- Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of a text, analyzing each medium's portrayal of the subject.
- Compare and contrast a written story, drama, or poem to its audio, filmed, staged, or multi-media version, analyzing the effects of techniques unique to...
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new...
- Write routinely over extended time frames and shorter time frames for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
Use this around certain holidays or certain weather days.