This document includes several fiction passages that will prompt students to make inferences. These passages could be used as introductory activities, modeling, student practice, or as an assessment of students' abilities to make inferences. The document includes passages of different lengths and difficulty levels to provide differentiated instruction.
- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using...
- Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
- GLE 0301.5.2
- Use learned logic skills to make inferences and draw conclusions in a variety of oral and written contexts.
- SPI 0301.5.3
- Identify stated cause/effect relationships in text.
- SPI 0301.5.4
- Determine sequence of events in text.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.