Geometric Solids and Their Properties: Getting to Know Solids
This is Lesson 1 of a 5 lesson series that helps to introduce 3-D geometric shapes. It is an interactive program to help students identify characteristics and properties of these shapes. The students will use technology to help develop an understanding to produce accurate models, and use spatial reasoning to problem solve.
- CLE 3108.1.4
- Move flexibly between multiple representations (contextual, physical written, verbal, iconic/pictorial, graphical, tabular, and symbolic), to solve problems, to...
- CLE 3108.1.7
- Use technologies appropriately to develop understanding of abstract mathematical ideas, to facilitate problem solving, and to produce accurate and reliable models.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- Analyze characteristics and properties of three dimensional geometric shapes.
- Name each of the faces of common geometric solids.
- How are the shapes alike?
- How are the shapes different?
- Find two shapes that are alike. Tell a friend about the two shapes.
- Find two different shapes. Explain how they are different.
- Geometric Solids Tool
- Various physical models of the geometric solids (optional)