Geometric Solids and Their Properties: Study the Solids
This is lesson 2 of a 5 lesson series. It is an interactive program to help students identify the characteristics and properties of 3-D geometric shapes. It includes learning faces, edges, and vertices. Student questions are included, and there is an assessment option. This lesson helps students to use technology to understand and visualize geometric solids for problem solving and to create drawings.
- CLE 3108.1.4
- Move flexibly between multiple representations (contextual, physical written, verbal, iconic/pictorial, graphical, tabular, and symbolic), to solve problems, to...
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
- Analyze characteristics and properties of three-dimensional geometric shapes.
- Count the number of faces, edges, and corners (vertices) in various geometric solids.
- When you guessed the number of edges in a particular solid, were you correct? Did this affect how you guessed and counted the number of edges in the other solids?
- Move on to the next lesson, Looking for Patterns.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Exploring Geometric Solids Activity Sheet