Sun Earth Moon Animations
This website provides a link to 14 different You Tube Animation Videos that represent the Sun, Earth, and Moon Relationship. Many of the animations also provide information on solar and lunar eclipses.
Video animations range in length from seconds to 6 minutes. A wide range of GLE's are covered in this one link.
Weblink address (URL):
Standards & Objectives
- Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
- Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where,...
- Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.
- Recall information from experiences or gather information from print and digital sources; take brief notes on sources and sort evidence into provided...
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; take notes and categorize information, and...
- GLE 0301.4.2
- Gather information from a variety of sources to support a research topic.
- GLE 0301.4.3
- Present research results in a written report.
- GLE 0501.4.3
- Present the research results in a written report, citing the resources used.
- GLE 0607.6.1
- Analyze information about the major components of the universe.
- GLE 0607.6.2
- Describe the relative distance of objects in the solar system from earth.
- GLE 0607.6.3
- Explain how the positional relationships among the earth, moon, and sun control the length of the day, lunar cycle, and year.
- GLE 0607.6.4
- Describe the different stages in the lunar cycle.
- GLE 0607.6.7
- Describe the causes of lunar and solar eclipses.
- SPI 0301.6.4
- Locate information using available text features (e.g., charts, maps, graphics).
- SPI 0401.1.13
- Recognize and use grade appropriate vocabulary within context.
- SPI 0401.3.8
- Select appropriate time-order or transitional words to enhance the flow of a writing sample.
- Use information gained from illustrations and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of a text.
- Explain how illustrations in a text contribute to what is conveyed by the words.
- Conduct short research projects that build general knowledge about a topic.
- Recall information from experiences or gather information from print and digital sources, with support; take brief notes on sources and sort evidence into...
- Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; take notes, categorize information, and provide...
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
eduToolbox® is a resource-sharing portal developed by the Ayers Institute for Learning & Innovation with collaborative support and funding from the Tennessee Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Education's Math & Science Partnership program.