- By the end of the year, read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at...
- Delineate a speaker's argument and specific claims, evaluating the soundness of the reasoning and the relevance and sufficiency of the evidence.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (Grade-specific...
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- GLE 0006.2.1
- Count objects in a set and use numbers, including written numerals to 25.
- GLE 0701.5.2
- Analyze text for fact-opinion, cause-effect, inferences, evidence, and
- GLE 0701.8.1
- Read and comprehend a variety of works from various forms of literature.
- SPI 0701.3.1
- Identify the purpose for writing (i.e., to inform, to describe, to explain, to
persuade, to entertain).
- SPI 0701.4.5
- Discern irrelevant research material from written text.
- Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
- Read and comprehend a variety of literary nonfiction throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding...
- Read and comprehend a variety of literature throughout the grades 6-8 text complexity band proficiently, with a gradual release of scaffolding at the...
- Explain a speaker's argument and specific claims, focusing on whether the reasoning is sound, relevant, and sufficient.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Support interpretations, analyses, reflections, or research with evidence found in literature or informational texts, applying grade 7 standards for...
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.