The Distributive Property
This is a short video clip explaining the distributive property.
This is a very precise description of the distributive property.
Weblink address (URL):
Standards & Objectives
- Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbers.
- Understand solving an equation or inequality as a process of answering a question: which values from a specified set, if any, make the equation or...
- Use variables to represent numbers and write expressions when solving a real-world or mathematical problem; understand that a variable can...
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems by writing and solving equations of the form x + p = q and px = q for cases in which p, q and x are all...
- Write an inequality of the form x > c or x < c to represent a constraint or condition in a real-world or mathematical problem. Recognize that...
- Use variables to represent two quantities in a real-world problem that change in relationship to one another; write an equation to express one...
- GLE 0606.1.1
- Use mathematical language, symbols, and definitions while developing mathematical reasoning.
- GLE 0606.3.1
- Write and solve two-step equations and inequalities.
- GLE 0606.3.2
- Interpret and represent algebraic relationships with variables in expressions, simple equations and inequalities.
- GLE 0606.3.3
- Extend order of operations to include grouping symbols and exponents.
- GLE 0606.3.4
- Use expressions, equations and formulas to solve problems.
- GLE 0606.3.5
- Use multiple representations including symbolic algebra to model and/or solve contextual problems that involve linear relationships.
- SPI 0606.3.1
- Represent on a number line the solution of a linear inequality.
- SPI 0606.3.2
- Use order of operations and parentheses to simplify expressions and solve problems.
- SPI 0606.3.3
- Write equations that correspond to given situations or represent a given mathematical relationship.
- SPI 0606.3.5
- Translate between verbal expressions/sentences and algebraic expressions/equations.
- Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which variables stand for numbers.
- Understand solving an equation or inequality is carried out by determining if any of the values from a given set make the equation or inequality true. Use...
- Use variables to represent numbers and write expressions when solving a real-world or mathematical problem; understand that a variable can represent an...
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems by writing and solving onestep equations of the form x + p = q and px = q for cases in which p, q, and x are all...
- Interpret and write an inequality of the form x > c or x
- Use variables to represent two quantities in a real-world problem that change in relationship to one another.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
eduToolbox® is a resource-sharing portal developed by the Ayers Institute for Learning & Innovation with collaborative support and funding from the Tennessee Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Education's Math & Science Partnership program.