Examining Electronic Sources
A prompting sheet with guiding questions to determine reliability of internet sites. This prompting sheet guides students with purposeful thinking to determine reliability of internet sites.
- Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem...
- Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Conduct short research projects that use several sources to build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; summarize or paraphrase information in...
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- GLE 0501.4.1
- Conduct research to access and present information.
- GLE 0501.4.2
- Collect, organize, determine reliability, and use information researched.
- GLE 0501.4.3
- Present the research results in a written report, citing the resources used.
- SPI 0501.6.3
- Locate information using available text features (e.g., maps, charts, graphics).
- Locate an answer to a question or solve a problem, drawing on information from multiple print or digital sources.
- Explain how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or mood of a text, such as in a graphic novel, multimedia presentation, or...
- Conduct short research projects that use multiple sources to build knowledge through investigations of different aspects of a topic.
- Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; summarize or paraphrase information in notes...
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research, applying grade 5 standards for reading.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.
Blooms taxonomy level: