- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and...
- Summarize a written text read aloud or information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
- Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support...
- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 6 topics, texts,...
- GLE 0501.2.1
- Continue to develop critical listening skills necessary for comprehension and
- GLE 0501.2.2
- Continue to develop strategies for expressing thoughts and ideas clearly and
- GLE 0501.2.4
- Participate in teams for work and discussion.
- GLE 0501.5.2
- Use logic to make inferences and to draw conclusions in a variety of oral and
- GLE 0601.2.1
- Demonstrate critical listening skills essential for comprehension, evaluation,
problem solving, and task completion.
- GLE 0601.2.2
- Begin to differentiate between summarizing and paraphrasing.
- GLE 0601.2.6
- Understand strategies for expressing ideas clearly and effectively in a variety
of oral contexts.
- GLE 0601.2.8
- Participate in work teams and group discussions.
- GLE 0607.12.1
- Describe how simple circuits are associated with the transfer of electrical energy.
- SPI 0501.2.4
- Organize ideas in the most effective order for an oral presentation.
- SPI 0501.7.2
- Determine the main idea in a visual image.
- SPI 0601.2.4
- Select the most appropriate behaviors for participating productively in a team
(e.g., contribute appropriate and useful information and ideas, understand the...
- SPI 0601.2.5
- Identify the functions and responsibilities of individual roles within an organized group (i.e., reporter, recorder, information gatherer, leader, timekeeper).
- Prepare for collaborative discussions on 5th grade level topics and texts; engage effectively with varied partners, building on others' ideas and...
- Summarize a text presented in diverse media such as visual, quantitative, and oral formats.
- Report on a topic or text, or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main...
- Prepare for collaborative discussions on 6th grade level topics and texts; engage effectively with varied partners, building on others' ideas and...
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.