- Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and...
- Summarize a written text read aloud or information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
- Report on a topic or text or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support...
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, using formal English when appropriate to task and situation. (See grade 5 Language standards 1...
- GLE 0501.2.1
- Continue to develop critical listening skills necessary for comprehension and
- GLE 0501.2.2
- Continue to develop strategies for expressing thoughts and ideas clearly and
- GLE 0501.2.4
- Participate in teams for work and discussion.
- GLE 0501.5.2
- Use logic to make inferences and to draw conclusions in a variety of oral and
- SPI 0501.2.4
- Organize ideas in the most effective order for an oral presentation.
- SPI 0501.7.2
- Determine the main idea in a visual image.
- Prepare for collaborative discussions on 5th grade level topics and texts; engage effectively with varied partners, building on others' ideas and expressing...
- Summarize a text presented in diverse media such as visual, quantitative, and oral formats.
- Report on a topic or text, or present an opinion, sequencing ideas logically and using appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support main...
- Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, using formal English when appropriate to task and situation.
Alignment of this item to academic standards is based on recommendations from content creators, resource curators, and visitors to this website. It is the responsibility of each educator to verify that the materials are appropriate for your content area, aligned to current academic standards, and will be beneficial to your specific students.